Did you know the Needham Youth Services has a Peer Tutor program, which matches a high school student with a 3rd – 8th grade student needing extra help in school?
From the Needham Youth Services website:
- Applications will be accepted May 4th – June 5th for high school tutors AND grade school tutees.
- Tutees must be entering third through eighth grades
- Tutees must have a need for academic assistance and be open to having a volunteer tutor
- Tutees will meet with their tutor for one hour a week starting in October through the end of the school year
- Tutors must be high school students
- Tutors are eligible to receive Community Classroom Credits
- Tutors are expected to meet with their tutees for one hour a week starting in October through the end of the school year
- Tutors attend a mandatory training in the fall
- Tutors check in with program staff periodically during the year
For information or to learn more about the Peer Tutor Program, please contact Liz Loveless at 781-455-7500 x266 or go to the Needham Youth Services website.