Did you know beautiful yards create a big impact and improve your home’s value?
Some Gardening Projects to consider:
- Plant bare-root trees, shrubs, and summer bulbs.
- Sow hardy annuals and early vegetables outdoors.
- Sow a new lawn or lay sod.
- Maintain your lawn.
- Tidy up, feed and mulch beds and borders.
- Design a play area for children.
Some people may have more ambitious projects in mind. Just remember to take into account the sunny/shady areas of your yard, how you want to utilize your outdoor space, maintenance requirements and budget.
- What do you want from your garden? Do you need a children’s play area, outdoor cooking area and entertainment area, vegetable garden, or a place to relax?
- How private or open is your site? How much of it is in shade/sun and for how long each day?
- What features do you want to lose or keep? What are things you would like to add?
- Be careful on the types of plants you choose—consider how much maintenance the plant needs, whether it needs more sun or shade and how hardy the plant is.
- Look at other people’s yards or pictures in magazines/books to get an idea of what you like.
- Consider whether you need to do research at the library, web, or enlist the help of your local nursery or landscape professional.
Enjoy the spring weather!